Monday, July 23, 2012

She's the Man



Yesterday I watch She’s the Man for the 30th time. And just yesterday I realize that this movie is kind of a modern version on Mulan.
Like the other night when I realize that Glen Coco was a boy? Yes, I’m becoming such a smart girl this summer. I guess I have too much free time to think since I do nothing all day.
So, back to She’s the Man, I realize this because I was on Pinterest.com (favorite page right now) .
this is why i think Mulan is a badass and i love her so much!



This picture made me think. So, Mulan “became” a boy because she needed to do something that as a girl she couldn’t have done. Same as Viola. Yes, is totally different to fight for China in order to get pride to your family, than became a good soccer player so you can prove everybody that girls are worth it. But, if you really focus and see it again, is the same thing!

See, as I said before, they both dress as boys so they can go incognito and prove everybody wrong. They fell for a boy who helped them get what they wanted. And lucky them, the boy fell for them too!

So yep, Mulan and Viola are alike, but kind of different. After all, the story happened in a different time!

Neshikot Chamot everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment