Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Childhood Now and Then


Remember 1st grade? One of my biggest concerns was what my mom got me in my lunchbox. I always pray for a chocolate cookie.   I was a happy kid, I just went to school, learn how to sum or subtract numbers, how to write my name in cursives, and then go home. My homework was always “Read a chapter of this book” which was 4 pages with the words written in ARIAL 16 and pictures! After a long reading I just watched TV. No wizards, famous teenager or skinny girls on the TV, but instead shows that taught me friendship, kindness, how to grow up, about my body, about everything. I watched Lizzie McGuire, Boys Meet World Brotherly Love, Even Stevens and more. I remember the premiere of That’s So Raven, I ask my mom if we can get pizza that night, because I want it to be more fun. Remember when you could eat whatever you want without worrying if that will make you fat? Great days huh? My other concern (and I think this is the biggest one) was where to hide my newest and coolest Barbie Doll so my neighbor won’t play with it. I just hated when she came in my room and took the coolest doll and I played with the dumbest.  IT WASN’T FEAR!
Then, 4th grade came and I got a Neopets account. Now the homework that the teacher gave us was more difficult, instead of reading just 4 pages we read 20, and this time it was Arial 14, and in math we saw fractions.  But then, my mind was settle in wining neopoints so I can get a Baby Paint Brush, my biggest dream at that time (and btw, I got it. YAY!)

Right now, I care about boys, makeup, my writing and my books. But so does little kids (not the writing and books part thou). Who has more contacts in Blackberry Msn or in Whatsapp is a popularity contest, who is wearing what is a big deal, and if you don’t have an Ipad you are no one, and they even have bf and gf at age of 6! At that time I got a dollar from the Tooth Fairy!

I mean, really? I just cared about my Barbie doll and my neopets account. Im 18 and I don’t care about contacts or Ipads! I don’t even care about having a bf!

I’m just happy as I am!

Neshikot Chamot everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment