Monday, February 11, 2013

Change Your Habits


During Winter Break I went to Disney World. I don’t have to say that I gained like 3 pounds thanks to funnel cake, chicken tenders, pizza and everything that is bad for your body but delicious for your mouth.

Those three pounds I gained hunted me for two reasons: 1) I had to lose 3 pounds before winter break, so after my trip I had to lose 6 pounds! 2) I had a trip two weeks after I got home, and I was sad because another trip means more pounds.

But guess what? In those 2 weeks I lost 7 pounds.  Yes, that’s right. SEVEN POUNDS! And I kept them during my trip and now it has been a month and a half since I got home from Disney and I weight 10 pounds less, without sweating or starving myself.  No crazy diets, no dit pills, no hours in the gym, I just change my habits. I start doing some things that people think is against the loosing weight process, but they helped me get rid of those 10 pounds.
  • I drink a glass of water before every meal
  • When I’m hungry but I already ate an important meal (breakfast, lunch or dinner) I have a glass of water. Normally we confuse thirst with hunger
  • I eat a big breakfast, a normal size lunch and a small portion dinner
  • I eat 5 times a day, and I don’t deprive myself. If I want chocolate I eat it, but in a smaller portion.
  • I go for dark chocolate and almonds, fruits and nuts as a snack.
  • I eat tons of proteins and some carbs to use as energy
  • I stop adding ketchup, mayonnese, mustard, or any kind of sauce to my food.
  • I stopped frying my schnitzel or fries or whatever is supposed to be made with grassy oil, I bake them in the oven instead.
  • Do 30 minutes of cardio everyday! There are 100 of ways to do so, dance around your house, jog, do something that will make you heart move!
  • Do stretches every night before going t bed. You will relax and tone your body at the same time!
  • Forget about the elevator and use the stairs instead.
  • Look for recipes in internet that will show you how to do the same food but with less calories. “Cook This Not That” is the favorite book in my house!


Just don’t over do anything, be healthy and love your body!

Neshikot Chamot everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment