Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Fault and Alaska

          It’s been a while since I last posted something here! I been crazy busy, and to be sincere, I kind of forgot about this blog. Maybe it was the lack of inspiration, writers block or that I am not at home. But anyhow, I am here to talk about two amazing books I just read, both by John Green.

           I was in the airport with my parents, and I know my dad loves Gourmet Magazines, so I went to a newsstand to buy him his magazines. When I was there I saw “The Fault in Our Stars” and I bought it. I didn’t know what it was about, who John Green was, or if the book was any good. I just read on Pinterest that it was a good book so I wanted to give it a try. I devored it! Hazel is a girl with lung problems, and she fells for Augustus, a boy –gorgerous boy- who suffers from osteosarcoma . The love story is great, and it starts from the beginning. You will cry and laugh with this book, you will love and hate the characters, and you will found yourself asking “Okay?” more than once.


            While reading TFIOS, I thought a lot about a friend (how do you call a person with who you are in a flirtationship with?). Whenever we want to talk to each other by text, we send a little ghost, the emoticon, and we know that is out way of saying hi, hello, sorry, or whatever. It’s our “Okay”.

            When I was almost finishing TFIOS, I bought “Looking for Alaska”. At first I thought it was boring, I didn’t understood much, and then, without I realized, I was almost reaching the “after” part. It was so easy to read after a few pages, and I felt as a character, someone who was there living the novel, not just a reader. Alaska is a crazy girl that somehow I can relate to. I say what is on my mind and I fight for the right things. About death and cigarrets? I am the opposite of Alaska Young.

         When I read the description of Pudge, I thought of my flirt-partner. Almost the same description and they act kind of the same. Except my Pudge is a great flirter.  I don’t know if John Green has a way of making me feel related to his books somehow, but he is sure doing a great job!
Neshikot Chamot Everyone!



1 comment:

  1. I honestly didn't like Looking For Alaska. It really didn't do it for me. Once I got to the "After" part I felt as if the book no longer seemed enjoyable it seemed pointless. It really is though, one of the most quotable books ever because somethings do make you think about life. TFIOS was the most amazing book ever, that one played me like a violin and I pretty much ended up crying. I hope you've read Paper Towns by now it's a good book, but to me John Green's books all kind of seem the same you. Boy and a girl, falling in love, tragedy or loss.

    ~Mercedes

    ReplyDelete